Thursday, May 3

Comment Discussion with KCB206 student


       Student: I do understand what your saying and I respect that it probably did create a few new
       activists.But if these new activists were for other causes and they cared so much about them, they 
       would have found out about those particular causes whether they had seen the kony video or not. 
       what the kony video did do is stir a bunch of people who are keyboard warriors into saying they 
       cared even though they really weren't doing anything about it accept sharing a video on the 
       internet, a video that was unreliable and contained out dated information.

Me: This is true, most KONY supporters will be 'keyboard warriors', waiting for the next issues to jump on. The videos information was slightly outdated, agreed. However, a lot of people missed when they say in the video 'Kony is no longer in Uganda, but the some Uganda people are speaking out to help others'. Or something along those lines... A lot of viewers assumed that he was still in Uganda due to the example Invisible People chose to use in order to connect with the audience. In saying that, I absolutely understand your views, Invisible Children didn't exactly 'viewer-check' their information and image they were showing the entire world. I don't believe they were fully prepared for their mission to become viral. 

No comments:

Post a Comment